Release Notes 1.4
Released September 27, 2012
Thanks to everyone who has contributed, Pinta is now at v1.4!
New Features / Improvements
- Magic Wand tool selection modes (Union, Exclude, Xor, and Intersect).
- Layer blend modes.
- Reduced memory usage in the Open Images Pad (over 100mb in some cases).
- Significantly reduced memory usage for history (only the difference between
the two images is stored)
- Copy/Paste support for the text tool.
- Improved rendering performance.
- The colour picker tool now supports different sampling sizes, and sampling
from a single layer or the entire image.
- Improved support for special characters and alternate input methods in the
- Added a Copy Merged command to copy the flattened image/selection to the
clipboard, instead of just the current layer.
- Added a drop shadow to the canvas.
- Improved support for extensions:
- Extensions can be initialized/uninitialized properly, including removing
any tools/effects that were registered.
- Downloads from remote repositories are now enabled.
- #999571 New image flattening functionality breaks saving functionality.
- #956195 Many effects do not work with Gtk# 2.12.11.
- #696293 Clicking text tool can crash OSX. (fixed in Mono 2.11.4)
- #984573 New layer with Text object does not put text on this new layer.
- #987641 Opening TGA files created by Pinta does not work on Linux.
- #995767 Using 'cut' in text object does not delete text.
- #996490 Two undo actions required to fully undo after pasting an image.
- #998629 Crashes when using copy/paste in Pinta.
- #1001536 Exception in Text Tool when attempting to select beyond end of string.
- #1006753 Exception when saving ORA file on Mac.
- #1008439 Disabling the "Default Tools" extension crashes Pinta.
- #1036041 Undo using CTRL+Z not working if this is the first action in new image.
- #1036485 Undo is broken for cropping or resizing the canvas (regression).
- #1048137 Crash when disposing the ResizeHistoryItem (regression).
- #602651 Inverting colors overwrites transparency with white pixels.
- #606240 Move pixels tool corrupted by scrolling.
- #724982 After pasting from clipboard in a image, pasted selection dissapears.
- #776328 Chinese characters can not be typed in Text tool.
- #891556 Incorrect behavior of Undo command when editing text.
- #911398 Can not change input method in Text tool for non-English language.
- #932924 /usr/bin/pinta has wrong path in it for some Linux x86_64 systems.
- #983709 Undo using Text object displays letter z in text instead of undoing.
- #999914 Can't enter the '<' character using text tool.
- #1015345 Drawing near the right or bottom edges sometimes causes the border to disappear.
- #1021426 Broken licence headers in some files.
- #582114 Layer opacity isn't blended with transparent background.
- #696417 Copy and paste does not work for Text object.
- #859082 Diacritics not working in text tool.
- #868310 Drag and drop a picture from Desktop to launcher doesn't open the picture.
- #988278 Dialog "Could not open file" inconsistent with other Pinta dialogs.
- #992052 The todo.txt file includes a broken link.
- #992680 Ruler units option not displayed after Pinta restarts.
- #992839 The order of tools windows is not optimal.
- #993741 Large file/layer names don't fit into window.
- #999552 Three small inconsistencies in Help | About window.
- #1008557 Shortcuts for Auto Level and Black and White adjustments are broken.
- #1035812 When no image is available some options are not grayed out.
- #1048502 Escaping window if file type is not recognized.
- #732035 Compose key doesn't work on text input.
What's To Come
Please continue to utilize the Pinta UserVoice site to request new features. Your requests are what shape Pinta into a more user friendly and more capable application.
Pinta Feature Requests
Contributors For This Release
The following people directly contributed to this version of Pinta. Apologies for missing others:
Adolfo Jayme Barrientos, Akshara Proddatoori, Andrew Davis, Balló György, Cameron White, John Burak, Jonathan Pobst, Olivier Dufour, and Robert Nordan
Thanks to everyone who contributed translations, filed bugs, made packages, and everything else. Together we can make Pinta a premier application.
Contributors To Past Releases
Aaron Bockover, Adam Doppelt, Adolfo Jayme Barrientos, Anirudh Sanjeev, Cameron White, Ciprian Mustiata, Felix Schmutz, Greg Lowe, Hanh Pham, James Gifford, Jean-Michel Bea, Joe Hillenbrand, Jon Rimmer, Jonathan Pobst, Juergen Obernolte, Khairuddin Ni'am, Krzysztof Marecki, Maia Kozheva, Manish Sinha, Marco Rolappe, Martin Geier, Mathias Fussenegger, Mikhail Makarov, Obinou Conseil, Olivier Dufour, Richard Cohn, and Robert Nordan